Deciding on a topic for the farm and developing questions we wanted answered about it.
Once we decided on a topic (composting), we got into groups and formed questions that we wanted to find out about it.
We came up with the following.
Our Questions about Composting
- Why do we need compost?
- What do we put into compost?
- Why do we have worm farms?
- What makes a good worm farm?
- How do worms break it down?
- Where will we put it?
- Can all waste from the farm/school be used to compost?
- What is it?
- Are there different ways to make compost?
- How long does it take to compost?
- Does the sun contribute to making compost?
- What do you use it for?
- Is there anything you don’t/shouldn’t put in compost?
- Can you compost plastic and wrappers etc?
- Animal waste and compost (can they both be used and what types)?
- Where does the made compost go?