Kia ora koutou katoa,
8Fl Science class have three main areas that we are investigating for the Urban Farm.
Our groups have just started preparing presentations about alpacas, fruit trees and worm farming.
We have been researching the costs and consequences of bringing these onto our Urban Farm and look forward to sharing our project presentations on June 16.
Some of our questions are:
1. What types of fruit trees do we want to grow? We need lots of feedback for this one!
2. What size of fruit tree would be best to plant?
3. What companion plantings are needed next to trees to attract pollinators?
4. Who will look after the alpacas? during the school holidays?
5. What will we do with shorn alpaca fleece?
6. Where could the alpaca go if the Kaikorai Stream floods?